This is a forum for the Grand Army of the Republic based in Second Life.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone still out there?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rush

PostSubject: Anyone still out there?   Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:20 pm

DOES ANYONE READ ME?!? IS ANYONE STILL ALIVE?!?

This is Lieutenant P-8410 Rush, does anyone read me? It's been a year since the last post on the forums here. And I haven't been in game for over 2. Things then were dead as all hell and I had intense difficulties getting any RP going. But I recently stumbled on info that 2017 was a decent year for SWRP! I sold my PC to make a quick buck but getting a new one here soon. I have no way of contacting anyone besides this forum. If any GAR trooper is still in the fight, please respond!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leggo Silverstar

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still out there?   Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:37 am

Greetings, Rush.

As far as I know, there is no GAR anymore, but it's a bit premature to say that definitely. Several months ago, I don't think quite a year ago, I was kinda forced out of GAR. The other Commander became involved with a manipulative and controlling woman who began taking over GAR. When I resisted, the two of them came after me to destroy me. What with a busy real life already, and the threat of having two of my closest friends turning on me so vehemently, and one of them being Commander, I decided GAR was no longer worth saving. I promoted Ashitakaru to Commander in my place and retired. At first Ashitakaru posted notices actively (I get them in my e-mail), but they quickly stopped coming. I see three possibilities.
1. Second Life stopped forwarding messages to my inbox, which I have never known it to do.
2. GAR created a new group that I am not in and moved over there.
3. GAR is dead.

I have been wondering what happened to GAR myself. If you find out, I would appreciate it if you let me know. I honestly think it's dead. Not to be conceited, but for years after Yuri left, I kept GAR alive. I watched people come and go, even power hungry people who tried to steal GAR from me, and one by one I saw their endeavours fail and fall apart. Only GAR kept going, with myself at the helm.
Also, I tried to give this forum and the GAR e-mail to the Commander when I left, but he didn't care, so I'm the only one you'll find on these lonely pages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still out there?   Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:44 pm

What?!?!

Impossible Leggo! You were the most active of our commanders! It's a shame, and I do pray GAR has not fallen after all these years. Tomorrow I plan to jump in game after work. I'll let you know what I find. Ash was one my best soldiers and I am proud to see him take the title of commander. Hope they're still around somewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leggo Silverstar

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still out there?   Wed May 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Thank you, on multiple counts. Wonder if I'm remembered as a monster by now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still out there?   Wed May 02, 2018 2:47 pm

On the contrary my dude, I logged in and got a hero's welcome back by Ashi and others. GAR is surviving and Derek is around and all. No one's said anything ill about ya my dude. There's a lot in the works, but activity seems to be at an all time high, they even got a discord going. So there's ya answer.

Hope all stays well, keep in touch Leggo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leggo Silverstar

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still out there?   Wed May 02, 2018 9:51 pm

Awesome! Great to hear. Wonder why I'm not still getting messages. Anyway, glad you found your way home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still out there?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone still out there?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grand Army of the Republic :: Questions :: GAR "The Grand Army of the Republic"-
Jump to: