Grand Army of the Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for the Grand Army of the Republic based in Second Life.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FFC Moves, Attacks Possibilities and Equipment.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vash Plaid

Vash Plaid

FFC Moves, Attacks  Possibilities and Equipment. Empty
PostSubject: FFC Moves, Attacks Possibilities and Equipment.   FFC Moves, Attacks  Possibilities and Equipment. EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 6:54 am

I noticed that i myself and some others limit themselves in FFC, i thought about opening this  thread about our FFC fight possiblieties,
since our "Class" is heavily dependant on tools and equipment when fighting Force Users or other Godlike creatures.

For this i'd like to create an inworld Guide for Troopers which they can use as help to use their equipment to the fullest in FFC fights. Keeping in mind the possibilities and limitations our armor offers i'd like us to collect useful tools, weapons etc. in this thread and how they could/should be used. To enhance our chances to fight with most enemies on par

Your Armor and you IC part:

I'll start with grenade types.
We'll assume GAR Engineering Corps modified the grenades to have these switchable standard functions
- set to explode after a certain amount of time passed.
- triggered by pushing a button on your wrist keyboard or even voice activated with your helmet as transmitter.
- Explode on impact

Thermal Detonators
-To kill/hurt opponent
-Destroy a certain area or vehicle
-Force opponent to evade/ increase distance to yourself

Flashbangs
-to blind and deafen

Cryoban Grenade
-To freeze the target
-Fire suppressant

Gas Grenade
-Either filled with teargas or sedatives (we don't want to be the bad guys)

Stun Grenade
-used to knock out the target

Ion Grenades (EMP)
-to take out a droid or the electronics of the target

Now other stuff.

JT-12 Jetpack
-Used to evade
-reduce/increase distance
-gain higher ground

Vibroknife
-Can parry a Lightsaber depending on your battle expirience and skills
- Can be used as Survival knife
-Multitool

Thats what i've collected so far, if you have any more ideas feel free to post them here or discuss the usage of certain tools and weapons here. I'll try add more things when i get the time to.

In order to defeat a god you must become one yourself

Last edited by Vash Plaid on Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magunamu

Magunamu

PostSubject: Re: FFC Moves, Attacks Possibilities and Equipment.   FFC Moves, Attacks  Possibilities and Equipment. EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 11:31 pm

The smoke grenades, rather than being filled with tear gas and/or sedatives, can also have be filled with an harmless smoke-producing substance that obscures the view of the enemy in a certain area, particularly useful against foes without thermal vision or force sensitivity.

I'm also working on a mine, which I can see being used in an FFC against a Juggernaut type opponent, low maneuverability but high armor, such as tanks or other vehicles, or even large combat droids.

(also making a fun attachment with each of the explosives I've modeled on a belt sling, but that's not too relevant.)
Back to top Go down
Striker

Striker

PostSubject: Re: FFC Moves, Attacks Possibilities and Equipment.   FFC Moves, Attacks  Possibilities and Equipment. EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 8:05 pm

A few i can think about right now:

- Grappling hook for a "Batman disarm" kind of move or evasive maneuver.

- If inside a metallic room, the magmetic boots migh come in handy for some weirdass wall/roof walking move...sort of "Inception" zero gravity scene xD
FFC Moves, Attacks  Possibilities and Equipment. Inception_hallway_mj_thumb

- Jetpack can be used to bullram enemies too, or as bait for any heat guided missile / thermal? Along with lowering the armor temperature via HUD maybe?

Good guide bro! Lets get creative and make those Godmoders droll with our epicness.
Back to top Go down
Herc

Herc

PostSubject: Re: FFC Moves, Attacks Possibilities and Equipment.   FFC Moves, Attacks  Possibilities and Equipment. EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 11:46 pm

Maybe a stun fist weapon or augmentation? Perhaps for more assault and security oriented clones...would be pretty easy to implement icly into the gloves.
Back to top Go down
Herc

Herc

PostSubject: Re: FFC Moves, Attacks Possibilities and Equipment.   FFC Moves, Attacks  Possibilities and Equipment. EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 11:49 pm

Oh, and the cover droid might not be a bad idea. Imagine moving cover that's essentially a heavily armored machination similar to the load bearing Big Dog DARPA is working on. Not a bad npc idea.
Back to top Go down
Magunamu

Magunamu

PostSubject: Re: FFC Moves, Attacks Possibilities and Equipment.   FFC Moves, Attacks  Possibilities and Equipment. EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 6:20 pm

little floating droids were available for pretty cheap over on 4d for a while, not sure if they're still sold. those would be useful for anything from recon to being like a police bodycam for MP clones, to even combat operations.

I do love the idea of the stun gun fist, Ynod recently got a mechanical arm for one of his mandos that had that feature, and aside from the shocky texture effects and possibly some particles I could make that as a meter weapon as well, I'll do some research into the area.

Also as a practical effect, there's a nifty free raycast powered wall walker floating around SL you can use to actually climb on a wall for funsies during an RP to emphasize the magnetic boots.

I'd like to remind everyone that the little cylinder above our asses in the armor is actually a big ass thermal detonator, so if you do want to use a big ass bomb, there's your ticket to it.

Since FFC combat is text based, if you don't have a weapon by your side (like if the enemy literally caught you with your pants down) you can use objects around you as improvised weapons. Clones are strong, See a pipe nearby that maintenance was working with? It's a club now, that rock over there? throw it to distract the enemy or at their face to make their faces bloody. tied up with a rope by an enemy and left to sit in a medbay? break a glass object and use the shard to cut yourself free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFC Moves, Attacks Possibilities and Equipment.   FFC Moves, Attacks  Possibilities and Equipment. Empty

Back to top Go down

FFC Moves, Attacks Possibilities and Equipment.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grand Army of the Republic :: Discussion :: Clone Chat "General Off Topic"-
Jump to: