Grand Army of the Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for the Grand Army of the Republic based in Second Life.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone still out there?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rush

Rush

Anyone still out there? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone still out there?   Anyone still out there? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 6:20 pm

DOES ANYONE READ ME?!? IS ANYONE STILL ALIVE?!?

This is Lieutenant P-8410 Rush, does anyone read me? It's been a year since the last post on the forums here. And I haven't been in game for over 2. Things then were dead as all hell and I had intense difficulties getting any RP going. But I recently stumbled on info that 2017 was a decent year for SWRP! I sold my PC to make a quick buck but getting a new one here soon. I have no way of contacting anyone besides this forum. If any GAR trooper is still in the fight, please respond!
Back to top Go down
Leggo Silverstar

Leggo Silverstar

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still out there?   Anyone still out there? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2018 8:37 am

Greetings, Rush.

As far as I know, there is no GAR anymore, but it's a bit premature to say that definitely. Several months ago, I don't think quite a year ago, I was kinda forced out of GAR. The other Commander became involved with a manipulative and controlling woman who began taking over GAR. When I resisted, the two of them came after me to destroy me. What with a busy real life already, and the threat of having two of my closest friends turning on me so vehemently, and one of them being Commander, I decided GAR was no longer worth saving. I promoted Ashitakaru to Commander in my place and retired. At first Ashitakaru posted notices actively (I get them in my e-mail), but they quickly stopped coming. I see three possibilities.
1. Second Life stopped forwarding messages to my inbox, which I have never known it to do.
2. GAR created a new group that I am not in and moved over there.
3. GAR is dead.

I have been wondering what happened to GAR myself. If you find out, I would appreciate it if you let me know. I honestly think it's dead. Not to be conceited, but for years after Yuri left, I kept GAR alive. I watched people come and go, even power hungry people who tried to steal GAR from me, and one by one I saw their endeavours fail and fall apart. Only GAR kept going, with myself at the helm.
Also, I tried to give this forum and the GAR e-mail to the Commander when I left, but he didn't care, so I'm the only one you'll find on these lonely pages.
Back to top Go down
Rush

Rush

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still out there?   Anyone still out there? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2018 2:44 pm

What?!?!

Impossible Leggo! You were the most active of our commanders! It's a shame, and I do pray GAR has not fallen after all these years. Tomorrow I plan to jump in game after work. I'll let you know what I find. Ash was one my best soldiers and I am proud to see him take the title of commander. Hope they're still around somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Leggo Silverstar

Leggo Silverstar

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still out there?   Anyone still out there? EmptyWed May 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Thank you, on multiple counts. Wonder if I'm remembered as a monster by now.
Back to top Go down
Rush

Rush

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still out there?   Anyone still out there? EmptyWed May 02, 2018 2:47 pm

On the contrary my dude, I logged in and got a hero's welcome back by Ashi and others. GAR is surviving and Derek is around and all. No one's said anything ill about ya my dude. There's a lot in the works, but activity seems to be at an all time high, they even got a discord going. So there's ya answer.

Hope all stays well, keep in touch Leggo!
Back to top Go down
Leggo Silverstar

Leggo Silverstar

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still out there?   Anyone still out there? EmptyWed May 02, 2018 9:51 pm

Awesome! Great to hear. Wonder why I'm not still getting messages. Anyway, glad you found your way home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still out there?   Anyone still out there? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone still out there?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grand Army of the Republic :: Questions :: GAR "The Grand Army of the Republic"-
Jump to: